Monday, October 29, 2007

Rant

I rant, therefore I am. Not really, but the point does get across. Ranting is a nice way of letting off some steam, of letting out some frustrations that have been bubbling under the surface for a while. Ohyeah. So here we go.

Alright, so I can understand that a site can be hacked. This is unfortunate, but some people find the need to ruin things for others in order to feel good about themselves. Yes. But a site that accepts money for the services they are providing, should and ought to have a backup, so they can quickly and smoothly bring the service back to life again. Of course, it is only natural. If the service was however interrupted for a while, you would be offered a refund, or something like that.

Well, you would think that. I recently moved my chat rooms to a chat site, since I believed the service there was superior to other places, and the atmosphere was friendly. Since then, I have learnt otherwise. The site was hacked, no backup was left, and well, what I thought was friendly seems to have been Stepford quiet.

Because, no solution has been offered yet, and it is now...around 2,5 weeks since the site went down. Ohyes, there is a backup server in place, but it wasn't meant to handle such things as actual traffic, so it crashes whenever there are 30 people online at the same time. And there is no word on what is going to happen - just that they are programming everything a new, and adding new features to make the site even better.

Well, I did actually ask, publicly, about the progress. But then I was rebuffed by another member of the chat site, who said "I dont know about you all but I don't think your time limit for things that can be postphoned aren't important...I mean the admin and those working on the site don't need the pressures of "Will it or I wants" They have enough problems to think on and yes I know she understands things had to be changed, but c'est la vie. It's ok guys really so asking if it will be fixed by a certain date is hard to say. So much programming and coding to do its not something you can ask. Patience is a virtue. "

Excuse me? I must have mistaken the site with a commercial one, one that I pay money to for services like putting up my chat room on their server. So yes, I do think I have a right to know what is going on with the programming, and I do believe I have a right to a bloody refund after this. More so, I do not run around and post on topics where I shouldn't stick my nose into, and yeah...I don't brownnose, either.

All in the end, this too shall pass. But it sure is annoying while it lasts.

No comments: