Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rough Translation - Gabriellas Song

Yeah, maybe I ought to translate it for those who can't read Swedish.

Gabriellas Song

It is now that life is mine
I have gotten a moment here on earth
And my longing has brought me here
What I missed and what I got

It is still the road I have chosen
My hope far beyond the North
Which has shown a small glimpse
Of the heaven I have never reached

I want to feel that I am alive
All the time I have got
I want to live as I like
Know that I am enough

I have never forgotten who I was
I have only let it be asleep
Maybe I had no choice
Only the will to stay here

I want to live happily because I am me
Be able to be strong and free
Watch the night go towards day
I am here and my life is just mine
And the heaven I thought existed
Will I find there, somewhere

I want to feel that I have lived my life

No comments: